Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Entertainment Queue

Reading:
Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze
It's actually a Diamond Anniversary Edition of Doc Savage so it also has Doc Savage: The Land of Terror, which has dinosaurs. My first foray into 30's era pulps.

The List:
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Sleeper Season 2 by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by that really rich woman

Watching:
The Wire season 5
I also got Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1 from the library and was really disappointed in the first two episodes. Man alive is this stuff lame. Travis assured me that it does get much better, but it might take a couple of seasons, which is disheartening.

The List:
State Of Play
The Office season 5
Arrested Development

Listening:
the iFanboy.com boys started a sister site/podcast called murmur.com, which is a catch-all pop culture website. The latest podcast has a nice little conversation on reality TV.

For the last few months or so my default for music has been either Liz Phair or Nick Cave based on my mood, which is like choosing between beef jerky or jelly beans every day for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY a Joe Blog.
    WHEW!
    I love old pulps, but I REALLY love old pulp radio dramas, give 'em a go you'll love 'em.
    Sleeper Season 2 has a B-R-U-T-A-L kick an old person down a flight of stairs ending, so prep yourself by dreaming of rainbows and ponies.
    I'm listening to the new Alice In Chains and it's quiet good. Went and saw Zombieland today and LOVED it. I can't wait to go see it again. Tomorrow night is a Movie-A-Thon in Bloomington with 3/5 of the Movie-A-Thon crew, the "Main Event" is Yor, Hunter From The Future. I heard it's as bad as it sounds.
    Reading wise I'm still diggin' through DMG 2, and prepping for the 10/17/09 D&D session as it's the big kick off to the next stage for our intrepid adventurers.
    Oh and lovin' me some HAWKMAN!
    I'm not even sure where that last thing came from, but it's TRUE!
    Good to have you back bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete